Women face several psychological, social, environmental, and hormonal challenges that can cause significant mental health issues. These issues may include post or pre-menstrual syndromes, perinatal depression, relationship problems, and many other women-related mental health issues.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), females experience mental distress in all age brackets at a higher rate than men.
Being a woman, a female counselor can better assess, understand, and treat women with mental health issues by counseling and cognitive-behavioral therapies.
Women’s mental illnesses treated by female therapists:
Female therapists can preserve women’s mental health at a wider scale as they can treat most women-related mental health conditions. These include but are not limited to
- Gender stereotyping and co-occurring mental distress.
- Relationship problems with family and friends.
- Personality problems such as low self-esteem or too much aggressiveness.
- Eating disorders.
- Body dysmorphic syndromes.
- Mental health problems related to hormones such as pre-or post-menstrual syndromes.
Moreover, a female therapist can also help mitigate anxiety, stress, and depression due to any psychosocial factors.
How can Primrose assist?
Primrose has highly qualified and well-trained female therapists who first assess the mental health condition. Then, they explore different psychotherapeutic methods. Next, they use the right methods for optimal care of mental health. Moreover, they also help in preserving mental health by providing counseling sessions.
A female therapist at Primrose usually works by the following methods:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is very helpful in modifying dysfunctional thoughts into positive thoughts. Primarily used for depression, eating disorders, and menstrual syndromes.
- Interpersonal Therapy is in which clients are encouraged to share their inner thoughts freely. It establishes new ways of communication and helps in grief and stress management.
- Family Therapy is oriented towards establishing strong relationships. It involves the assessment of the root causes of relationship crises and then providing practical solutions.
- Specialized counseling involves the counseling for specific issues. For instance, career counseling for women who face job issues, self-esteem counseling to tackle the mental health issues related to low self-esteem, and many other specific issues.
Our mental health organization has only licensed therapists who have expertise in mitigating the symptoms of mental illnesses and preventing you from further issues.
Moreover, strict confidentiality is maintained throughout the therapeutic and counseling sessions at Primrose. Thus, we ensure the client’s complete privacy and confidentiality.
Another distinguishing feature is our therapists focus on improving the communication and interpersonal skills of the client. Women generally lag in these skills due to minimal exposure to society. Hence, our therapists emphasize developing these skills.
If you need any assistance or further information regarding our mental health services, feel free to contact or visit us any time.